So I've seen this meme floating around many book blogs, but initially I got the idea from Reading Lark and they got this meme from The Unread Reader. I've enjoyed the meme so much that I will also be joining in on the fun on Wednesdays. Welcome to Book Boyfriends everyone!
- He's British, so he's got the hot accent.
- Gray-blue eyes
- Dark chestnut hair that sticks out every which way
- Five o'clock shadow
- Generally always looking like he just rolled out of bed.
I'm not attracted at all to his outward appearance, but it's his personality and the way he is with Mara (his love interest) that wins me over. One his own he's charming, witty, flirty, and funny. But with Mara he's more than that, he's attentive and supportive. Despite how much she pushed him away, knowing that she's a ticking bomb, he still stayed by her side. Mara is the type of girl that most people would run to hills from, with all of her problems but he sticks by her no matter what.
Actor to be my Noah:
I think that Heath Ledger from 10 Things I Hate About You perfectly embodies Noah. Their style, attitude, and personality matches almost exactly. Except well, Heath was an Aussie but oh well.
Quotes from about and Noah:
1) “If I were to live a thousand years, I would belong to you for all of them. If we were to live a thousand lives, I would want to make you mine in each one.”
2) “You want me as much as I want you. And all I want is you."
My tongue warred with my mind. "Today," I whispered.
Noah stood slowly, his body skimming mine as he rose. "Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever.”
3) “You're the girl who called me an asshole the first time we spoke. The girl who tried to pay for lunch even after you learned I have more money than God. You're the girl who risked her ass to save a dying dog, who makes my chest ache whether you're wearing green silk or ripped jeans. You're the girl that I--" Noah stopped, then took a step closer to me. "You are my girl.”
4) “You can't hurt me the way you think you can. But even if you could? I would rather die with the taste of you on my tongue than live and never touch you again. I'm in love with you, Mara. I love you. No matter what you do.”
5) “I knew Noah worshipped Charlie Parker and that his toothbrush was green. That he wouldn't bother to button his shirts correctly but always made his bed. That when he slept he curled into himself and that his eyes were the color of the clouds before it rained, and I knew he had no problem eating meat but would subtly leave the room if animals started to kill one another on the Discovery Channel. I knew one hundred little things about Noah Shaw but when he kissed me I couldn't remember my own name.”