So I've seen this meme floating around many book blogs, but initially I got the idea from Reading Lark and they got this meme from The Unread Reader. I've enjoyed the meme so much that I will also be joining in on the fun but now on Mondays. Welcome to Book Boyfriends everyone!
- Thin/Lean build
- Built for warfare
- Soft, Dark hair
- Brown/Amber Eyes, often compared to the eyes of a tiger
- Angular face
- Bronze skin
Why He's My Book Boyfriend:
From the first mention of him in The Wrath and The Dawn there, was just something about Khalid. Despite the fact that the reader is told that he's a murderer and a monster, I knew that there had to be something more to his story--so I ignored his supposed "faults." As I read on, I thought he was so mysterious and entrancing. The way Khalid acted around Shazi and the way that he expressed his feelings for her made me swoon, and the more I learned about him, the more I loved him.
Actor to be my Khalid:
While I was reading The Wrath and The Dawn, the minute Khalid made a full appearance I automatically pictured him to look like Omar Borkan Al Gala.
Quotes from and about Khalid:
1) His breath fanned on her skin as he bent toward her ear. "This morning, I was not where I should have been. Last night, I was not where I wanted to be."
2) "In her ear, he whispered, 'Do better than this, Shazi. My queen is without limitations. Boundless in all that she does. Show them.'"
3) "My answer is not an answer. It is a willingness to do whatever it takes--even something as distasteful as sending you from my side."
4) "It's a fitting punishment for a monster. To want something so much--to hold it in your arms--and know beyond a doubt that you will never deserve it."
5) "The urge to touch her now was past logic, Khalid's arm moved to encircle her in an embrace. He buried his nose in her hair, in the same scent of lilacs that taunted him from outside his window. The small, graceful hand on his chest drifted higher, beside his heart.
Whatever torment he had to endure. Whatever evil he had to face.
There was nothing that mattered more."